Additional Pages:

28 August 2010

Missionary Song

You know how in different seasons of life there are certain songs that become your "theme song"? You can listen to the song over and over because it so perfectly portrays your life, your thoughts and your feelings; and quite frankly it's hard to believe it wasn't written specifically for you. 

As we were driving to Orientation one morning I was riding in the car with two other girls and we were chatting as some music was playing softly in the background. Suddenly the volume got louder and the driver proclaimed that the song we were listening to was her "missionary song," so we stopped talking and listened to the lyrics. I have a "missionary song" too I thought as I listened. As the song finished we started talking again and realized that the three of us all had a "missionary song" and we all had different ones.

My missionary song, the song that I constantly reverted back to throughout the last couple months, is "Follow You" by Leeland featuring Brandon Heath. It just so perfectly describes my journey and is a snapshot of my soul. 

Isn't it funny how music speaks to us all differently? What is your "missionary song" (you don't have to be traveling overseas to have one)?




1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole,
    Awesome song! I'd have to say that if I have a personal "missionary song" it is "God of Justice" by Tim Hughes. That's at least the one I most frequently hear and think of with regard to missions...
    Leeland continues to grow on me after seeing this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails