Additional Pages:

25 August 2010

I've Been Oriented (?)... Orientated(?)... I Went Through Orientation...

7 second update on my life in Aug.: The beginning of Aug. I spent a week in Haiti. The week I returned home I was appointed as a missionary to Albania. The next Sunday I was on a plane to Indiana to attend a week long Orientation and Training with Global Partners. Now we're up to speed... (and yes, it all happened that fast.)

Let's talk about the Orientation, but instead of starting at the beginning let's start at the end - I came home Friday night with a full brain, a library of books, and a team new friends! It was a wonderful week and so refreshing being around like-minded people, at the same point in the journey as I. This orientation did a great job of transiting me into the role of a missionary: what it looks like, how to build a team, and ways to prepare for my journey overseas. On Thursday we got "dressed up" and told our story to the staff during lunch. The whole week I was blown away by the staff at Global Partners and how supportive and encouraging they are - I already enjoy being part of their team.

wearing my Cambodian skirt for our presentation to the staff.


While in Indiana, I spent the week living at the Shunem House which is a wonderful respite for traveling missionaries. All I can say is I was nowhere near ruffing it for the week - which was a complete contrast to Haiti. I spent the week living a life of luxury, laughing, playing bananagrams, eating huge breakfasts, and learning the proper way to fold a fitted bed sheet. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Indiana!

bananagrams!
 A limo is the cheapest mode of transportation to and from the airport
One of the many wonderful people I met last week was Katie Hawkins (maybe I will embarrass her and give her her own post on a future blog update). You will probably be hearing a lot about Katie the next few years as she is the person I will be traveling to Albania with. I am overjoyed by the fact that we hit it off right away. (God is a great "match-maker!") We are both very similar in personality and have the same sense of humor- it's going to be a good two years overseas.

I have no doubts in my mind that this is the path God wants me on right now and I am so blessed. It's also wonderful, after a year of "transition," finally having direction and a path to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails