____
As if I haven't learned my lesson a million times over, I immediately start to plan out my life again. This is perfect. I will be a missionary. Leave in January 2011, serve until Nov. 2011, come home and join the CG in Dec. 2012. Is that what you want God? I ask after I tell Him how my life is going to work.
I've got my perfect little plan
in my head and share it with Tanya from Global Partners when I talk to
her about my desire to do missions work. Very kindly she listened as I'm
sure I sound like an idiot mapping my life out for her. She is very supportive, and really encourages me to serve overseas however long it is that I feel God is calling me to serve. Only for my knowledge though, she proceeds to tell me
about their two year program- just so I can fully
understand why they recommend serving for two years. She talks about building relationships, and learning the language and when people serving for a year come home they feel like their work is
just beginning as they are leaving. Because of that people serving for at least two years feel a deeper sense of
fulfillment. I let that brew in the back of
my head and tell her I will prayerfully consider that as an option, and I did.
After sharing the information with my mom and replaying our
conversation a few times in my head I remembered something else she
said about the two year program that didn't stick out at first. She
mentioned that it is more of a sacrifice to give up two years of your
life. Usually people can look into the future and say 'next year I will
be doing this' but they never look out and say 'yeah, in two years...'
It gives you the opportunity to give up your life for Jesus and completely put your trust in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment