Additional Pages:

19 April 2011

Via Dolorosa

When I was 20 I got a tattoo. It's on my wrist, and I wear it proudly. Now before you proceed to judge me I'd like to tell you a little bit about it and the reason behind it.


My tattoo is a cross and a heart. It's a pretty simple tattoo. I designed it myself. I gave it a lot of thought and consideration before I went to get it done. Everything about this tattoo was very intentional: the design, placement, color, and size. The purpose is quite simple as well: a permanent reminder of "the cross," and what that means to me as a follower of Christ.






After I got the tattoo, I typed up a statement to remind me and share with others what my tattoo means. This is what it said:
"It symbolizes my love for Jesus AND His love for me. It’s a reminder of the ultimate sacrifice He made for me. It’s to remind me to live my life for Him. To do things and be the person that He wants me to and not to do things that He wouldn’t want. It’s to show myself and the world that I'm in love. That I'm not afraid or ashamed of my faith. It’s to remember that without Him I am worthless and that through Him all things are possible. It reminds me I am a sinner but I am forgiven and because of His love and the cross I am going Heaven. It’s a permanent WWJD bracelet to remind me and tell the world that He is with me everyday of my life. I will have the tattoo until I die and then I won’t need it anymore. I wont need a symbol or a friendly reminder because I will be in Heaven face to face with Him, my best friend." (Dec. 2005)
It's easy to remember the cross at Easter. I mean that's what Easter is all about, right? I might go out on a limb here and say that throughout lent it's not too hard to remember the cross either. But Easter only comes once a year and like any other day it leaves just as quickly as it comes. As Christians we should constantly remember and give thanks for the ultimate sacrifice. What do you do to remember the cross on a daily basis? 


Via Dolorosa, by Leeland is my favorite Easter song. It perfectly depicts what Jesus did for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails