Additional Pages:

15 November 2011

All I Want for Christmas is... NOTHING!

It has come to my attention, from email I've been receiving, that you may be interested in sending me (and Katie) a Christmas gift. Wow, thank you! Once again I'm blown away by the generosity and kind hearts of many. Not to mention how impressed I am that so many are thinking that far in advance. Or perhaps sending Christmas gifts wasn't on your radar, but now after reading the first sentence you feel slightly obligated to send your friend in a developing nation a little something. Let me start off by saying how much I appreciate this thoughtful gesture. It actually means more to me than you'll know - especially since it will be my first Christmas away from home and family. That being said I would like to respectfully decline all Christmas gifts this year. Period.

Although we're serving in a developing nation Katie and I have it pretty good. We currently have everything that we need, plus some, here with us!
Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy receiving packages with goodies from America in them. But shipping is outrageous and my heart cringes every time I see the cost, especially because there is so much need in the world. So many people fighting just to live, who deserve your gift more than I do. I would much prefer you saving that money to spend elsewhere, perhaps on something more world changing than an airplane ride for a box. And honestly, you've already been giving me the best gift all year- your prayer support.  

If my argument was not convincing enough, please consider deferring any gift you were still thinking of sending me to an organization such as: Samaritians PurseWorld Vision, or World Hope International.  Or if you would prefer to directly support my work you can support one of the Albanian projects. Really, it's a win, win, win situation for everybody. There is no losing involved!

So nothing is what I want. Because giving me nothing for Christmas will be the best Christmas present ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails