Additional Pages:

27 August 2011

EuroConference 2011: Part 3


The ride home wasn’t nearly as eventful as the ride up. We did run into a bit of traffic the first day, which added a few extra hours onto the trip, but it wasn’t too bad. Driving through Germany and Austria I caught myself thinking what it would have been like for my ancestors many years ago when they were living there. I’m definitely not a history person but there’s something about being in a place so rich with history that makes me stand in awe.  Are there any similarities still today? Or is everything completely different? I tried to envision what life might have been like back then and wished I had the chance to ask and discuss this with them personally. Thankfully we’ll have a lot of time to catch up in heaven. ;)

Sunrise in Germany


Anyway… back to the story… On the return we spent the night outside of Venice, Italy and had about 2 hours to spend in the city. It was beautiful. There is just something about water that I find very attractive and relaxing. We had just enough time to visit St. Mark’s Square, get some pizza, and head back to the hostel. 


Venice, Italy

Add caption

St. Mark's Cathedral

Venice by night.



We were all wiped out, and as our head hit the pillow that night we were out. Another early morning to ensure we returned the rental cars and caught the ferry on time.

We got to Bari and were hit with good news and bad news. The good news was the rental cars were returned on time and we didn’t get charged an extra day. The bad news was the ferry was delayed… of course, a reoccurring theme of our travels.

We split up into two groups. One group stayed with the luggage as the second went to get dinner and then we switched. It was a long 8 hours of sitting and waiting, sitting and waiting, sitting and waiting (Yes, I feel that repeating myself three times makes it more dramatic.)



A pretty sweet castle in Bari, Italy

Waiting for the ferry... (L-R: Katie, Me and Dawn)

Waiting with the luggage for the delayed ferry.


The ferry finally arrived. We made it. And, well, the rest is history. 


The End. 

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails