The conference itself was pretty exciting but not nearly as
exciting as the journey to the conference... really though, how can you follow that adventure? I felt like I was living my dream of being on the Amazing Race.
It’s always a pleasure being around like minded people.
People with the same mission and goals. People who can relate to things you are
going through. And after only a month in the field it was nice being surrounded
by native English speakers again.
The conference was a time to worship. A time to learn. And a
time to grow. The speakers were all very inspirational and left us with good
practical advice to take back to the field with us.
The center we stayed in was beautiful. It was really nice
being able to drink water from the tap (and brush our teeth with tap water) and
take long showers. Though I gotta admit I didn’t take nearly as long as I could
have. There was internet access available, the roads were paved and there was
tons of grass everywhere. Minus the fact that the natives spoke German and not English, I felt like I was back in America. It was refreshing.
 |
| Schonblick Conference Center |
 |
| Schonblick Conference Center |
 |
| Schwabisch Gmund, Germany |
Each afternoon we had a block of free time to use at our
leisure. A few days we walked into town. I'm always amazed to be in a place that is so rich with history. It makes me feel so small.
 |
| Schwabisch Gmund, Germany |
 |
| some shops |
 |
| stereotypical German building |
 |
| beautiful cathedral |
 |
| having fun |
Thanks for sharing Nicole. The pictures are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLooking at the pictures is like going to those beautiful places with you. Every culture have its own interesting history. God bless!! ;-)
ReplyDelete