Additional Pages:

01 February 2011

All trained...

I just returned home after spending the week in Indiana at a week-long missionary training. It was the second of two trainings required for me to complete before I can depart for Albania. I was one (and the oldest) of 5 people at the training. There with me was my Albanian partner, Katie, Lauren who is heading to Zambia and Sam and Sean who are going to Australia.  We spent the week learning about different topics such as: cross-cultural ministry, personal security and hostage survival, spiritual warfare, and many other "-ology" sessions. The days were long but the information was valuable.

We were privileged to stay at Shunem House - a home for missionaries. Let's just say we definitely weren't roughing it. Jim and Jeanette (the hosts) took good care of us. Each morning we awoke to breakfasts similar to what my mom makes only on Christmas morning. Katie and I were able to spend some extra time there to create promo-video for Shunem Ministries. It was a great time to relax and get to know each other better.

I will now recap the week with pictures.

Limos are the cheapest mode of transportation. So... we took a limo from the airport




one of the 19 rooms at Shunem

Katie, Me, Lauren, Sam and Sean

Lauren took advantage of break time!





Playing Settlers of Catan on our lunch break


The Shunammite woman serenades us with her accordion at breakfast

We made it to the wall of fame!


A friendly game of Catch Phrase (the girls won!)

Shooting the promo-video 



our editing suite!
Sad to leave these wonderful people...


*special thanks to Katie and Sam from whom I stole these pictures ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I know you guys were excited to get this information but maybe even more excited to pass this milestone. By the way Sam was my daughters roommate at IWU for two years. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Looks like you had an enjoyable time ;) Excited for your future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails